People Are Asking
- Job Corps: How do I find out more?
- Paychecks: How do I get my last one?
- Unemployment Insurance Claims: Where can I file?
- Recently laid off: What are my resources?
- DOL Sequestration Information
- Work Hours: Available information
- Overtime: When is it due to me?
- Breaks & Meal Periods: Do I get these?
- More Frequently Asked Questions
Latest News | Newsroom | DOL Newsletter | Reports | Videos
- Holmes Safety Association embraces mine rescue component
- U.S. Department of Labor awards $20 million to help adult inmates prepare to enter the workforce
- DOL announces $7.7 million multi-country grant competition to reduce the worst forms of child labor
- $2 million in funding available from US Labor Department to reduce child labor in Afghanistan's home-based carpet production
- DOL proposes final rule and notice of proposed rulemaking to implement new standards for digital radiography in black lung claims
Unemployment Insurance Initial Claims: 334,000 as of June 8, 2013
Unemployment Rate: 7.6% in May 2013
Consumer Price Index: +0.1% in May 2013
Payroll Employment: +175,000(p) in May 2013
Average Hourly Earnings: +$0.01(p) in May 2013
Producer Price Index: +0.5%(p) in May 2013
(p) preliminary; (c) corrected
- Compliance Assistance
- Disability Resources
- Doing Business with DOL
- elaws Employment Law Advisors
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Funding Opportunities
- Health Plans & Benefits
- International Labor Issues
- Job Corps
- Job Opportunities at DOL
- Labor Relations
- Leave Benefits
- Retirement Plans, Benefits & Savings
- Seasonal Employment
- Small Business Resources
- Spanish Language Resources
- Unemployment Insurance
- Veterans Employment
- Whistleblower Protection
- Work Hours
- Workers' Compensation
- Workplace Safety & Health
- Youth & Labor